Course Length 58:28
The Black Sash
Course Includes:2 detailed videos - 58:28 of video - 1 download
Membership Includes:350+ courses, downloads, a helpful community, LIVE broadcasts & more.
The Black Sash
With just $15, you can create a brilliant, beautiful, and boundless black sash that adds dozens of styles of dresses to your wardrobe. In this course, you will learn how to wrap this simple sash into various ways that will look good on every client’s body. Tune in to see what styles look the best on each body type, and how to create couture looking gowns. The black sash is the perfect addition to your essentials so you’re prepared for anything while folio building. Sue shows you how to be empowered by creating something out of nothing. She also shares her story of how this black sash changed her studio forever.
- Back in Sue’s garage studio in New Zealand, one of her clients showed up for her shoot with nothing to wear. At that time, Sue had no studio wardrobe. What she did have was a black sash. She used the sash to create dresses for her client- as you see in this video.
- Make sure the fabric has a soft, satin feel to it.
- This fabric does not need to be expensive. What you see in this video was $4.99 per yard and she uses 3 yards.
- Sue bought an inexpensive sewing machine. Proof that you don’t need anything over the top!
- Sew this similarly to how you would a pillowcase (watch the first video for more details).
- One thing to have in your studio for the “black sash” outfit is a long black tube/pencil skirt in different sizes. You can buy them at cheap clothing stores in the mall or on Amazon for around $12.00. This creates the bottom part of the outfit.
- Drape and play with the fabric around your client depending on her body type.
- A thin piece of the fabric works great to taper in the waist almost as a belt.
- There are so many necklines you can do with this! Watch the video for multiple variations.
- Black Satin Fabric
- Black Tube Dress